The Dos and Don'ts of Mounting Your TV
Updated: May 21
Mounting your TV on the wall can be a great way to save space and improve the viewing experience in your home. However, it's important to follow certain guidelines to ensure a safe and secure installation.
In this article, we'll cover the dos and don'ts of mounting your TV, as well as the different types of anchors and wall surfaces you may encounter. Additionally, we'll discuss how hiring a professional installer like Coastline TV Installs can help you get the job done safely and efficiently.
The Dos of Mounting Your TV
1. Do use a wall mount that is appropriate for your TV size and weight. Check the specifications of your TV and the wall mount to ensure compatibility.
2. Do choose a location for your TV that is at eye level and provides comfortable viewing. Consider factors such as lighting and glare when selecting a spot.
3. Do use a stud finder to locate the studs in your wall before drilling. Mounting your TV to a stud will provide the strongest and most secure attachment.
4. Do use the appropriate tools for the job, including a level, drill, screwdriver, and wrench. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and use the provided hardware.
5. Do consider hiring a professional installer if you are not confident in your abilities to mount the TV yourself.
The Don'ts of Mounting Your TV
1. Don't mount your TV on a weak or unstable surface. Avoid mounting your TV on drywall, plaster, or other fragile materials without proper reinforcement.
2. Don't mount your TV too high or too low. This can cause neck and eye strain and make viewing uncomfortable.
3. Don't skimp on the wall mount or hardware. Using subpar equipment can result in an unstable or unsafe installation.
4. Don't rush the installation. Take your time and ensure that the mount and TV are properly secured.
5. Don't attempt to mount your TV alone if it is too heavy or awkward to handle safely.
Types of Anchors and Wall Surfaces
When mounting your TV, you may encounter different types of wall surfaces and need to use different types of anchors. Here are some common examples:
For drywall, use a toggle bolt anchor or an anchor specifically designed for drywall. These types of anchors distribute weight across a larger area, preventing damage to the wall.
For plaster walls, use a toggle bolt or a molly bolt. These anchors can provide strong support for heavier TVs.
3. Concrete or brick:
For concrete or brick walls, use a concrete anchor. These anchors are designed to hold weight in solid materials.
For wood studs, use a wood screw or lag bolt. These types of screws provide a strong attachment point for wall mounts.
Hiring a Professional Installer
If you're not confident in your ability to mount your TV safely and securely, or if you simply don't have the time or tools to do it yourself, consider hiring a professional installer like Coastline TV Installs.
We can provide expert advice on the best location for your TV and the appropriate wall mount and hardware for your specific needs. Additionally, our team has the experience and tools necessary to ensure a safe and efficient installation.
With Coastline TV Installs, you can enjoy your new TV with peace of mind, knowing that it has been mounted properly and securely.
In conclusion, mounting your TV can be a great way to save space and enhance your viewing experience. However, it's important to follow certain guidelines to ensure a safe and secure installation. By following the dos and don'ts outlined in this article and considering the different types of anchors and wall surfaces you may encounter, you can ensure a successful TV mount.
Additionally, if you're not confident in your abilities or simply don't have the time or tools to mount your TV, consider hiring a professional installer like Coastline TV Installs. We specialize in TV installation and have the experience and expertise to ensure a safe and secure installation.
At Coastline TV Installs, we begin with a consultation to determine the best location for your TV and the appropriate wall mount and hardware to use. We take into account factors such as viewing angle, lighting, and the weight and size of your TV to ensure a successful installation.
Our team uses the latest tools and techniques to mount your TV safely and efficiently. We take care to protect your walls and floors and clean up after ourselves so you can enjoy your new TV without any hassle.
In addition to TV installation, we also offer a range of services including cable management, soundbar installation, and home theater setup. Our goal is to provide a complete solution to enhance your viewing experience and make your home entertainment setup easy and convenient.
Mounting your TV can be a great way to improve your home entertainment setup, but it's important to do it safely and securely. By following the dos and don'ts outlined in this article and considering the different types of anchors and wall surfaces you may encounter, you can ensure a successful TV mount.
If you're not confident in your abilities or simply don't have the time or tools to mount your TV, consider hiring a professional installer like Coastline TV Installs. With our expertise and experience, you can enjoy your new TV with peace of mind.
Submit an Online Inquiry here.